Thursday, May 7, 2009

May

Another wonderful wednesday. All in all it was really mellow. I had thought about taking the girls to the indoor play place, the clubhouse, because our time with marie is coming to an end and the girls love it, but the weather is just way too nice to be indoors playing.
So it was outside all day. In the pool out of the pool and always dress up.
Randy's dad got dakota a jeep several years ago and while it drives me a little nuts dakota and marie love it even if it is just sitting in it in the garage which is what they get from me. Sometimes I pull it allllll the way out of the garage for them to sit in and sometimes I just shut the garage and say NO!

But apparently while I was out running an errand randy busted it out plugged in the battery and off they went, I see visions of the future I am not so sure about.

After lunch popsicles were in order and there is something about sitting relaxing and having a popsicle that screams summer to me.

Then of course it was wednesday with the family and it was not my turn to cook, yay. Mom made yummy turkey enchiladas, beans, rice and salad. For dessert I made cherry dump pudding funny name but so good, so good with vanilla ice cream, so good cold the next day for breakfast, so good.
We all agreed that the two weeks felt a lot longer, what a great gift to not only live close to family but to really enjoy being around them. I can only hope that dakota will love being around her family as much as I do when she has a family of her own. If that is my future well then....I just don't know what to say, that would be....
Mom and Dad you are awesome and the fact that your kids look forward to seeing you weekly is says so much more than words ever could I love you.
While financial times may be hard I have the best life ever!

4 comments:

Becky said...

she looks so grown up in that picture on the slide!

Dawn Suzette said...

Watch out for the girls in the pink jeep! Classic!
Love it when you write about family!

Derek and Sunshines Dad said...

I'm with Dawn "Watch out for girls in a Pink Jeep" I've heard they have tats and ride motorcycles, Yikes.

We've got some pretty awesome Kids, Grandkids, and family and friends. Cherish those moments they are fleeting

Love Ya Dad

Derek said...

two weeks is too long. what a great night and dinner.