Sunday, May 3, 2009

A fun weekend with my girlie

Saturday randy headed out to get fitted for a tux for the wedding of his best friend next month so dakota and I had a mommy and kota day.
We started off with gymnastics, where she cracks me up, because she loves doing flips on my legs but flat out refuses to do them on the bar at gymnastics.
She loves going though just no bar flipping. She and her buddy addy do the class together. Little miss addy is almost a year younger than dakota but she has her training wheels off her bike. We met them at the park a couple weekends ago and I thought dakota might be into it, nope, no way, not going to happen. She likes her training wheels and they are not going anywhere.
After gymnastics we headed over to lakeshore for their free saturday craft. She made a little sombrero. It is a great free little activity that we have gotten in the habit of doing every saturday. They have done some really fun things and did I mention it is free!!!!
Then we headed to the park to build up an even bigger appetite.
Dakota, I think, talked to everyone there. I met a mom who was also expecting so it was fun to chit chat with her. We talked about our upcoming births and birth centers and home births.
It is really interesting that there is not a bigger push to have birthing centers attached to our local hospitals. I mean it seems like that would be the choice for so many people. We can hope for the future.
Then it was off to urban cafe for lunch, yummy, we split a sandwich. I got what I always get kind of forgetting that it is on the spicier side but dakota didn't seem bothered in the least, yay.
After urban cafe it was to marble slab for ice cream, it is right next door how could we not. I am not usually a chocolate fan. Let me rephrase that I like chocolate but not chocolate ice cream and if I am having in the solid form I prefer it with something else like chocolate and peanut butter or chocolate and vanilla ice cream or chocolate and caramel. But we got the swiss chocolate ice cream with marshmallows, chocolate chips and almonds and it was really good, really good.
After we devoured the ice cream we headed over to barnes and noble. Friday night we went to their story time and they mentioned they would be having a mothers day tea party with story time, curious george, a short performance from the local high school, and crafts and tea and cookies. The performance was a little preview of a show VHS is doing in a couple of weeks, a musical. It was really good and I am thinking I will take dakota to the whole show, she watched them wide eyed and was obviously very into it.
After that she got her picture with george.
She was not really that into the crafts she really wanted to look around and read books.

Then we headed home.
But we weren't there long.
We headed over to our friends brock, gretchen and kyra's house. Dakota and kyra are bff.
They play great together and have known each other all their lives. We adults played some wii, very amusing.
And then as if that wasn't enough time with our buddies they came over today for some play time and they came with a new dress for the little lady. So cute.

I was trying out a recipe randy and I had seen on food network a pizza, one had turkey meatballs and a white sauce the other was a s'mores pizza complete with marshmallows, chocolate, graham crackers and almonds. They were both good, but not knock your socks off tell the world, but hey that is why you try new things right?
A really great weekend.

4 comments:

Jenn Kirk said...

Miss you guys! I've been wanting to do the Lakeshore crafts. Sounds fun.

Dawn Suzette said...

Wow! What a day!!
Oh... that whole urban cafe, marble slab, B&N shopping center.... we miss that place!
Spending time with good friends is hard to beat!
Miss ya!

Derek and Sunshines Dad said...

Hey Kids,
Sounds like a wonderful weekend, filled with fun and adventure, Mom and I gardened, well Mom did, I studied and prepped for finals.

Can't wait for this Wednesday. Garden is pretty much all in.

Love Dad

Derek said...

Definitely a great sounding weekend. I can't wait for Wednesday either. Seems to have been years these last two weeks.