Thursday, May 14, 2009

Blast from the Towers Family Cookery Past


My mom used to make clam sauce spaghetti as part of her regular recipe rundown. It is very simple to make and just really yummy. So yesterday as I was wondering what to make for the wednesday dinner get together that is what popped into mind.
I don't think I have made it in over five years and I have not a clue why because it is gooooo-oooood, and super simple. It was such a beautiful evening we ate out in the backyard.
What is it about eating outdoors that makes dinner different, there is just a different feeling sitting in the backyard and ease or a something that is just so nice.

I hope that we do that more this summer because it was good.
For dessert tisha and I ran up to get some ice cream and these are the decisions that stump me. Staring at the on sale ben and jerry's is heaven but deciding on flavors that is tough. We, I think, came back with a nice selection.

I fancied the peach cobbler, so while the rest of the family got out bowls and tried a little of each I just got a spoon and dug in.
I have been working on a puzzle over there but I finished it last week and I missed it last night.

Earlier in the day dakota, marie and I met our friends abby and sara at the park. I was so good about sun screening the girls from head to toe AND myself arms, neck and face but for some reason thought that my legs that have been in long pants for the last seven months didn't need any.....ouch. Lame lame lame me it sucks being sunburned.
Sierra met up with us at the park and then we headed to her house for some more playtime and popsicles.

Sierra, Sara and I have been friends since we were nine years old so the ease of being with them and the conversation that flows is so nice and relaxing and funny. It is fun that we have all ended up with girls as close in age as they are.
It was a beautiful day filled with beautiful people as everyday should be.

4 comments:

Derek said...

It was a great evening for dinner out back. While you were away me and Dakota ran and ran and ran and did I say ran. Cardio for the day... check.

Dawn Suzette said...

There is just something about eating outside! Agree! Looking forward to some warmer weather so we can do more of it! Raining for the next 7 days... not this week! :)

I so need that recipe.. I know I still owe you the tortilla recipe. I will try to get it typed up this weekend!

Jenn Kirk said...

I think it's so neat that you grew up with your best gal friends and all your little girls will do the same.

As for Ben & Jerry's, have you tried Imagine Whirled Peace? It is, the bomb.

Kent said...

Hey Kids,

That was fun eating al-fresco wasn't it. Clam sauce poverty's gourmet pasta from the beginnings.

So glad your friendships have prevailed!! They mean more and more through time. The little girls will remember those times for ever.

Is there a name yet????

Luv Ya Dad