Monday, May 18, 2009

What have we been up to?


Saturday we had a very busy day and sunday we had a really mellow day.
After gymnastics on saturday we headed to kyra's birthday party complete with a huge princess jolly jump.
All the kids were in great moods, it was not that hot, gretchen's mom made a ton of chocolate dipped strawberries which accidentally didn't get put out so guess who got to bring them home, ME!
Then later after a good nap, daddy headed out to play some poker and kyra and gretchen came over. Kyra didn't have a nap so as evening rolled into night she actually told gretchen she was ready to head home, poor little lady had a big day and she was tired. Dakota and I curled up and snuggled before heading off to dreamland.
Sunday I headed out on my own to meet up with a girlfriend which was so nice we walked and talked. We talked a lot about my concerns about the whole labor thing I am going to be going through in the near future. I am so excited but know what to expect this time, well lets just say for me and my personality the unknown is better. Well that is not totally true I look back on dakota's birth and realize how strong I was and that gives me strength for what is to come. And really I am excited to go through it again it was the most intense, raw, real, wonderful experience of my life. But I still have some concerns...
Then as if that wasn't enough for a sunday morning my mom treated me to a pedicure, I love you mom. A couple months back she and I went to this little free cooking class without dakota, it is so strange to be with my mom and not have dakota with us. But we did enjoy our time together as weird as it felt so sunday was very similar. There is something about just being able to enjoy the company of my mom and just hanging out with each other that is really nice. There is part of me that feels really guilty saying that but I know it is good for me, ahahha.
Today we had play group with some friends. There was a silent memo that must have gone out because people kept showing up with food and food is just a great way to add more fun to any get together. It was a great morning.

Then when we got home I got to work on a blackberry pie
(amy you should come down soon I am in a pie baking mood). Saturday I made a bet with randy and lost and his prize was a black berry pie. The pie is good but a little bit to juicy, needs some little tweaks.

The big news is dakota is learning to ride her bike without her training wheels. We had tried it a couple weeks back and she was totally not interested but while I was out on sunday morning she and randy took them off and started practicing and all I can say is wow.
And look my garden is growing more and more lush and beautiful everyday.


4 comments:

Dawn Suzette said...

Wow! You guys have been "up to" a lot!
Pie... yummy! Looking forward to berries coming in around here!
No training wheels... High-Five Dakota!!
Mama... You are going to do great!

Becky said...

Wow, no training wheels?! Has Dakota been on her bike with training wheels for long? Katie rode her friend's bike the other day and says she wants one.

Derek and Sunshines Dad said...

Hi Kid's,

Mom is gonna love this post. Also loved the video of Dakota on bike without training wheels would suggest the Filmer develop a steadier hand and less jerky head movement to enhance the flow of the basic element being filmed.

Love Ya Dad

PS The garden looks great and the Blackberry pie I could almost smell

dakotasmommy said...

funny dad real funny