Monday, May 11, 2009

The Day after Mothers Day.


When we woke up this morning dakota asked to go to the dog park (arroyo verde) which she never does. We don't take essie as much as we used to, in fact there was a time when we were going at least three times a week, dakota would go in the ergo and we would hike and it was awesome. She no longer goes in the ergo however the last time she did was not that long ago I was about six weeks preggers, she is my little lady. Anywho... we headed off and now a days it is more about playing at the park and exploring then exercising me or the dog.
The weather was not inviting but does that really matter when you are four?
It was fun, it was like a breakfast picnic I brought our breakfast and she played while I ate, HA. We had the place to ourselves pretty much. Then we did some walking around and I proceeded to get really frustrated because the amount of trash left from the yesterday was sad.
before
So dakota and I found some sticks to use as make shift trash pokers and cleaned up what we could.
after
Why do people do that? Why is it okay just to drop your trash where you stand? It drives me nuts.
In the midst dakota refound a tree that she had played at several weeks back.
The tree is hollowed out at the bottom and she swears there are many animals that live in there sharks, snakes, spiders and who knows what else.
After the park we headed home for some painting. I feel bad we haven't gotten the paints out in a while. It was very nice I did several and I just love to sit there with her and paint away.
After she asked me to tell her about the desire (I am assuming she meant motivation/why did I paint that) of my paintings so I went through and told her about each of my paintings, what it was and why I painted it and then she did the same for me. The theme that ran through both of ours was happiness.
The rest of the day was pretty mellow, she and randy ran out to get a gift for a birthday this weekend so I got some chores done. Then it was off to kindermusik, which dakota loves.

One thing that I really wanted for mothers day was a banana split,
but it didn't happen but today it did and let me tell you I may feel a bit uncomfortable at this moment but I ate the whole thing and loved every bite!!!!!

6 comments:

joyfulgirl said...

ughhhh,

i hate litterbugs, too. so cool that you picked up the trash for the lazy a@#$* that didn't want to do it themselves. your a great mom setting a great example to your daughter! bravo

Mark, Jessica, Jakob, Sarah, Lily and Kona said...

You go Mama, glad to hear you ate the whole banana split - you deserve it. You are such a wonderful Mom and that baby neeeeeeeeeeeds it!
Have to say that we hate litterbugs too - today Jakob pointed out several pieces of trash and said "Oh Man, More Litterbugs!" We always pick up random trash, I think it sets a good example. I like the idea of making our own trash picker upper thingy - with a stick - Jakob would totally go for that. Apparently our kids will be saving our planet for us!!

Derek said...

I love litterbugs! Ha, just kidding. We do the same out on the disc golf course nearly every outing. That's cool that she asked about your motivation. Interesting that the question even came to her mind. Hope today is just as great.

Derek and Sunshines Dad said...

Bah Litter bugs !!!!!!!!!!!!

Love banana splits seems the apple does not fall far from the tree

Papa

Becky said...

that's great that you guys cleaned up. My pet peeve are those confetti eggs with metalic paper pieces in them. They are all over Camino -- um, hello, that's littering too.

Dawn Suzette said...

You guys are awesome.
So cool that she asked about your painting... Love to hear their insights into what they created!
Love hearing about your days!
Miss Arroyo Verde!!
Miss ya!