Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Painting with Brushes and Fava Beans

So awhile back I was planting some fava beans to help put nitrogen back into my soil getting it ready for the spring, yay summer garden, anywho dakota was helping and she decided to start planting her own and I was obliged to let her and off she went with the bag. The bag had still maybe twenty to the thirty seeds in it and I told her she could take the bag on the condition she listened and planted only four or five...

So still working on listening and trusting take a good look there are a couple more than five maybe like 20 or so sprouts. Hahaha she came running inside today so excited that her beans were growing, so really take all the seeds you need honey
even as an adult planting something from a seed and seeing it come out of the dirt is pretty darn awesome.
So our second week with marie and we did some painting this morning and I was in a mood so I said that the brushes were the only utensil to be used today no hands.
Which is really lame in hindsight the sensory experience for them is so awesome but I just needed to not have a big clean up. They did great and really didn't seem to mind the one rule.

just getting started

in the thick of it
five minutes later, okay maybe seven

I guess one of the reasons I wanted easy clean up is because I wanted to make it to the 1030 story time at the library, which we did and I think dakota really enjoys it and for the first 15-20 minutes so did marie. I think one of the reasons that dakota enjoys it is because the times we have gone her old patagonia class is there as well and she so badly wants to go to school with them that it makes her feel like she is still part of them. Mind you the last time I did a small stint with patagonia was like 8 months ago for two days, I have not worked there full time since she was one and a half but because we have gone back here and there she absolutely thinks of it as her school, very sweet.
After the library we were off to the park for some good old run around and play time in hopes that good naps would be in our future....

1 comment:

joyfulgirl said...

i am so inspired by your sensory activity plan in the mornings. it's a great idea...one that i might have to steal:)