Thursday, January 29, 2009

Wonderful Wednesdays



We started of the morning with a great walk, which I so needed, because on tuesday I was planning to go but woke up texted aubrei that I was not going to make it and crawled back into my warm bed and proceeded to NOT fall back asleep.
So yes starting off with a morning walk was a great start.
After Marie arrived Maya came over as well before heading off the the clubhouse (an indoor play place) there was ice cream to be made...

the girls were taking turns being the ice cream maker. I just love playdough in all shapes and forms. After some ice cream fun we met up with Sara and Abby and we were off to the clubhouse.
I felt mildly guilty because it was a beautiful day and playing inside didn't make total sense but it was nice to change it up and dakota absolutely loves it and she didn't seem to mind one bit.
That is the end of the slide they would go down holding hands, screaming


Marie is here till 330 on wednesdays so there was no nap, I did put on a movie after lunch for some down time (in hopes they would fall asleep HA) but once the movie was over they were up and adam outside playing peter pan probably one of their favorite games.
One of them pretends to be wendy the other peter and they run away from each other and then rescue each other and they love it.
As usual for wednesday we headed off to my parents for dinner. It was my turn to cook and while I must say I really look forward to the nights it is not my turn, last night I didn't mind so much because I made PIZZA and really it is so easy and yummy I excited when it came to mind.
what appeared to be left but really it was only one of each I couldn't stop eating it

I was going to do a build your own pizza bar but decided to go ahead and throw them together so we could eat sooner, I LOVE EATING. I did some sauteed mushrooms, olives, sun dried tomatoes, pineapple (for d), and yellow bell peppers oh and goat cheese yummy. Then I did three pizza's with different combos of the above and let me just say I was stuffed but the end of dinner.
It didn't help that my mom and dakota made chocolate chip cookies either.

i'll take five please and some milk

Derek got a ukulele for christmas so he has been bringing that with him on wednesdays and dakota loves it almost as much as derek. Then we had this funny/interesting conversation about that started with my dad's jury duty experience, well not jury duty but...his experience with the a government office. Then he and derek started talking about government and cutting the fat from it and how to go about that and then is there corruption in government it was a great night for conversation. I love my family how blessed and loved I am.

1 comment:

Derek said...

It most definitely a great night. We are most certainly blessed.