Friday, January 23, 2009

BIRTHDAY EXTRAVAGANZA and a sleeping update


I will do the update first. Last night she started in her own room and again 2am there she was flash light in hand and cute as can be. She still has her toddler bed next to our bed in this room but had no intention of climbing into it. Then I tried to lay down with her in her bed and let me tell you for a pregger woman not so comfortable so that lasted about five minutes and I uprooted us again back to my comfy bed where we promptly fell asleep. She is snoozing in her bed now and each night she says she is going to stay there until morning so I am happy that she is enjoying it and has high hopes. I had hoped to ship her off to gaggi and papa's and I was going to do her room up so she would come home and it would be done and fun and wonderful but have realized it is going to take some time. Oh well she is still enjoying it and I am enjoying having my living room back even just a little.

So January 18th dakota lillie moore turned three and I cried. Three and four look feel sound so different to me and I had a real hard time with it. Hahahha had am having even last night I was said it is just too much her own room four years old.... Okay getting sidetracked.

The celebrations started on the 15th we headed to disneyland. Me, randy, uncle derek, auntie tisha and dakota were on our way.
She had a blast the weather was awesome, it was not busy (that being relative to being at disneyland) and it was just a great day.
I think one of my favorite parts was the tea cups I have not been on anything like that in years and randy was spinning us and I was laughing and trying to tell him to stop and dakota was laughing it was great.

After disneyland we had a nice mellow friday and then saturday we had a small family party with a good old burrito bar and a yummy cake made by yours truly. I love mexican food I could eat it everyday!


Then on sunday which was her birthday we went to marie's birthday, she and dakota are one year apart to the day.
Which Sierra did a tostada bar, go more mexican food. Marie had a pinata and dakota was a hoot she was really trying to whack that thing.

Then monday we had another small party with some friends really mellow but really nice. I made cupcakes and then andi brought some sprinkles for the kids to use to decorate and man do kids love sprinkles.







My thinking was I would have a couple small parties so as not to have as much work for me and it worked out really well and still dakota welcomed four in a great way and I was not a grumpy stress case which sometimes happens even when not party planning.

3 comments:

Dawn Suzette said...

Wonderful.... Happy Birthday to Dakota!! Four! Amazing!
Fionna is 5 1/2 and still ends up in bed with us at 3 in the morning! Dylan amazingly enough wants to be in his own bed... just wants me to sleep with him some nights! They are all so different!
LOL about the preggers in bed... oh, I remeber those times!
Thanks so much for the update! Miss you guys!

Derek said...

What a great few birthday parties. I had the most fun a disneyland. Getting and wearing the ears at the beginning of the day is the trick. Thanks for inviting us.

Mark, Jessica, Jakob, Sarah, Lily and Kona said...

Happy 4th Bday Dakota!! I LOVE the pinata pic - serious muscles on that girl!!
Jakob is 4 1/2 and still in our bed too. He has been in his own room since he was about 1, but he now shares with Sarah - and wakes up if she fusses - which occurs quite often. Anyhow, it's tough to get a full nights rest around here, but the snuggling is awesome!
I figure you only get to have them so little for such a short time - so snuggle it up! It does get quite tricky with a pregnant belly though!