Thursday, January 22, 2009

the rest of night one and night two



So at about 2am in walks my little lady, flash light in hand, proud as can be "i slept in my bed" and then climbed into our bed and was out for the rest of the night.
It was pretty darn cute.
Then when she woke up she said she was going to sleep in her big girl bed all night tonight (last night). She was really pleased with herself.
And because of that I felt much better.
Then last night she was not into it but I think it has to do with that we were not home
it was our wednesday night at the folks and we stay there past her bedtime
so I think it threw her off.

We will try again tonight but two step forward one step back, right.

Sierra went back to school this week so Marie is here with us a few days a week. I decided I am going to try to have a plan/schedule. I am all for little ones just playing but have found that they bump heads just as much as they play. Both Dakota and Marie are alpha females
so watch out world.
My plan is to have some sort of sensory/art project in the morning
and then outside they go either backyard or the park or both, followed by lunch and then quiet time (hahahah that is just funny) but I need to at least try for my sake.
So today we made slime

purple slime

and they loved it.
Don't ask why I have no photos of the girls with the slime, my brain didn't start working until they were done.
Then it was off to the mall. On wednesdays they do kids shows, the shows are hit or miss but it is always an experience and live performances are fun. We met sara and abby there hung out with them for awhile it was very fun for all of us. Every time we go to the mall shows dakota wants to help or be a part of the show and sometime that is not an option but yesterday the guy brought instruments for the kids and she was thrilled. Although in the photos she really looks like she is focusing.

It is crazy Sara and I have been friends since elementary school Dakota and Abby are three months apart and for some reason we only get together once a month if that, so we have claimed wednesday's as our day.

It drives me crazy how that works with friends you love, not seeing them nearly enough when these are our times. We are both so lucky to be home with our girls, we should be living it up. So here is to spending more time with our friends, all of them.

So I think I am going to do the birthday post tomorrow or tonight if miss d sleeps in her room.

2 comments:

Dawn Suzette said...

Ahh, growing up is hard... on Mama too!
She is just too cute!
Miss you guys!
Happy to see you getting some posts in!

Becky said...

cute pics. We haven't been to the mall show in awhile maybe we'll check it out again soon. Katie always wants a pretzel when we go though b/c pregnant Mama always got one...