Sunday, September 7, 2008

Weekend Fun

Here it is sunday again and another weekend of fun. I did some more canning this weekend with my mom and judith. We did one batch of dill pickles, two strawberries and two plum. I think I am most excited about the plum.


We used the plums with the yellow flesh and oh my goodness it is so good, just soft and buttery, sweet and gentle ahhhh yummy. We are going to take next weekend off we (mom, dad, derek, tisha?, dakota and i) are heading up North for my cousin kevin's wedding. But in a couple weeks we still have several batches of apricot to do, tomato sauce and hmmm maybe that is it. My dad did the photo taking as I forgot my camera. Dakota took a nap for a bit of it and once she woke up she was having a hard time leaving my side but when I asked her if she wanted to help me cut the plums she was ready to jump in and help.

Today was Randy's best friend Randy and randy's fiance lacy's birthday get together. Wow that was a handful. We got to play in the pool and then while there my carmera went kuput. Not a good weekend for my camera. Which I must say I have not been so devoted to since dakota's first months. You can see something going wrong in the pictures and then... while a pretty interesting "photo" not what I was going after.


Dakota is so comfortable in the water especially with that floatie thing but she will not dunk and has no interest in doing it any time soon. But I am thrilled that she loves the water.

2 comments:

Jenn Kirk said...

Look at all those canned goodies! You guys will be set for a while. Delicious.

Haha, you had me a bit lost at Randy's best friend Randy...

That last pic looks like Blair Witch project. And Kai hated getting dunked during lessons. I think it ruined the swimming experience for him. He's just now into swimming again, so it's taken him months.

Dax might have chicken pox!

And, you can borrow our older camera if you like.

Dawn Suzette said...

All of those canned goods makes me want to get out and pick some berries. We are going to the farm this weekend so maybe I will get the chance... I still don't think I will be able to catch up to you. Love being in Ventura with all of that freshness right at your fingertips!