Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A Great Day!


still waking up!


So my dad and I drove down to ucla today to see his surgeon. My dad has this spot on his chin that is not healing and this is back from his surgery in january and now there is a "pocket" that developed. So off he and I went to see his surgeon and get his opinion about the infection. But the great news is when he looked in my dads mouth he was floored by the shrinkage of the tumor, he couldn't even see it. YYYYYYaaaaaaayyyyy. We knew that dads body responded well to the last course of treatment but to have his surgeon really look in there and say wow was just really really awesome. As for the chin infection we are going to see if this loose tooth was causing it (they pulled the tooth today) and if not dad has to have another small surgery, open up that area replace the metal plate there realign the bone and that should end that road bump. It was just really great.

sad girl, bad mom!

Dakota had swimming today and I think we are going in the wrong direction and I am torn what to do about it. She gets cold about five minutes into class and then shuts down and wants to get out. So my dilemma is I want her to understand that a) this is a class we paid for and she can't just quit b) she can't shut down because if she would listen to me or her teacher and start moving around and having fun she would warm up but she won't listen to that logic. But then the other part of me wants to be compassionate and say well if you don't like it we don't have to do it (which we wont if this continues, we won't sign up for the next round). I also think I don't want her to start feeling negatively about water because of this because right now she loves the water. So I am torn on what will be best for her what lessons are the most important in the situation. And my first reaction to that thought is being compassionate. So she got out and we hung out until the end of class. But I told her thursday she has to give it a try and listen to me and her teacher, right when she gets in she needs to start moving and kicking, we shall see how that talk internalized for her.
After dinner tonight me dakota and randy got into the jacuzzi and there was some very interesting humming bird action going on over our heads. I think there were three and it seemed to me that two of them had "possession"of this bush we have in our back yard. But the third one kept coming to drink and then it would get chased away. This went on the whole time we were in the jacuzzi and then because I am blog crazy I dried off and went back out to see if they were still up to there games and to see if i could get any photos.....

keeping watch for the intruder


can you see all three?



sharing is caring!

3 comments:

Dawn Suzette said...

That is great new about your Dad! Hope all goes well.
I had to laugh when you were talking about the humming birds. At my in-laws cabin in Ventura they had three hummingbird feeders. Those little birds would come in there and zoom around "pecking" eachother ... we called it the "Hum Wars". They are spunky little birds!
Tough one about swimming! I can e-mail you my experience with Fionna if you would like to know.

Derek said...

Well I won't give you my thoughts on swimming as you've already experienced them. Hehe. I will say that is a pickle. I can totally empathize with her and getting cold in the water. For many years surfing I would get freezing out in the water and the fun factor goes way down. Surfing was still fun enough to keep me out there. Thank goodness for major progress in wetsuit technology, no more freezing. Speaking of which, what about getting her a thin wetsuit. We have had the hummingbird experiences as well and the "protector" bird was dubbed red @$$hole.

dakotasmommy said...

funny about the hummingbirds for both. Just to clear up dereks opionin on swimming... that would be pushing the individual in the water and letting learn to swim that way ahahha well at least he used that tactic with me when we were kids and I have been swimming ever since. Dawn I would love more of your thoughts. The instructor mentioned that as a way to keeep warm.