Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mexico Food!


That is what dakota calls mexican food and that is what we had for our wednesday night meal at my parents and it has to be one of my favorites. So we are a funny family. I say this because I spotted another tomato horn worm and I have this weird attraction to them and apparently it is rubbing off.... here is me taking a photo of my dad taking a photo of the silly destructive interesting thing

and of course I had to get one too. Is this going to become an ongoing wednesday night thing? Well I wouldn't be surprised.

And if the tomato horn worm wasn't enough dakota found and slug that she had to befriend and wanted to take it inside but I informed her that would so not be okay with gaggi (did I mention that is what dakota calls my mom) so we took some pictures instead and now she can always remember her slimy friend.

the pumpkin is from last season believe it or not!

So we are not religious but we have gotten in the habit of holding hands at dinner and saying nice things, things we are thankful for and last night dakota said that she was thankful for the dessert she was going to have after dinner it was a hoot, she is so my daughter! She did manage to throw in that she loves her family too but it was an after thought to the dessert.
Earlier in the day Dakota started dance class up the street it was great to just walk up there. I don't have any pictures because they only let the parents stay the first week of each month. And while that bothers me to some degree, I want to be able to watch whenever I want to, I do realize that I am a distraction for her and since it is just literally a 5 minute run or a 10 minute walk I can come home and get some things done and that is nice to do. She liked the class and they are going to do a little holiday thing which I know dakota will dig.
Swimming on the other hand I have come to the conclusion that I lost my head last week and have not a clue where it was. Dakota as a human being is so much more important to me than anything else and I really wasn't putting her first and I hate it when I lose sight of what is important to me. So we went today and I told her that I wanted her to try to really move and keep moving but when I saw her getting cold I had her get out and that was it. I mean I tried to encourage her to move but quickly realized she was in a cold place and was done. So we have two more weeks and I am still going to take her but when she is done she is done and I am going to let her be that gauge.

No comments: