Saturday, September 27, 2008

a night alone

this is dakots latest joy, putting things in front of her face when i want to take her picture!


Dakota stayed at papa and gaggi's last night. It was nice to have a night with the hubby. We went to dinner and then came home and watched our netflix movie. We really live on the edge when dakota is not here. But I really miss her when she isn't here, there is such an energy that she is and when I wake up without it I miss it and for awhile am at a loss of what to do with myself. But there is enjoyment in just waking up slowly with randy and not having to wake up until I am really ready a leisurely morning. Now I am off to go get her good-bye! Hahah just kidding she is going to go to the park in a bit (I have already called) and if gaggi said they were going to the park and I came and got her I would be in hot water.
On a side bug note I found the strangest little creature in my home yesterday, it was a little worm but had this tubelike home that it was carrying with it. Very interesting.


We also had a lovely picnic yesterday with some friends at the park. It was really nice, the word pot luck was never spoken but we all brought a food item to share and it was just a beautiful day with beautiful people.I want it to be a friday tradition. I made lemon honey cookies and they have to be up there as one of my favorites, but while I like the batter/dough it is not up there only because I think I really love the brown sugar in my favorite doughs.

do you like my attempt at being a food photographer.

1 comment:

Dawn Suzette said...

Ahhh, yes you miss them when they are not there but the down time... it is wonderful. Even for just a moment!
Those cookies look soooo yummy!