Sunday, September 21, 2008

Friday Night Pizza

just because this picture cracks me up







first rise

I love the smell of dough with yeast!


my shaping could use some work

I love pizza I really love pizza, if I could I would eat it most nights of the week. I am usually a plain cheese girl but I know have a daughter to contend with. Pre-dakota randy and I would get half whatever he wanted and half whatever I wanted, cheese. But know it is half kind of what randy wants and half pineapple, dakotas choice topping and I have to admit I am coming around the the pineapple. I made pizza on friday and it turned out pretty darn good. I have been struggling with the crust lately and I really think it is because my sauce has been to watery so friday I made sure the sauce was nice and thick ( I use a trader joes pasta sauce I would like to make my own but haven't mastered it yet anyone with homemade suggestions please share) and viola' yummy cheesy pizza, life is good. After pizza we headed to andi house and we hung out there with mia and maya while the moms and dads of the little ladies had some date time. I think that is the way to go one parent multiple kids two for one kind of a deal and the girls had a blast.


So I have mentioned that I am a dough girl but dakota is really a dough girl she tries every dough I make AND she usually likes it pizza dough included.helping
tasting

I myself am much more into the cookie dough sometimes the cake batter I like it sweet and yummy.
Okay so a good weekend I must say. I can't remember what we did yesterday... oh yeah we went to see igor and left about 30 minutes into it as it scarred dakota. The part that I saw was pretty funny but I agreed it was a bit much for her age and was happy she spoke up. We got there early though and got the popcorn and icee and milk duds, all awful but so great at the movie, but next time I am bringing my own stuff, for the sake of cost and health. I had actually gone to the liquor store to get some yummies, m&m's, hersheys a drink for randy but when I got up to pay I was told I had to spend $10 or pay 75 cents to use my debit card and that really annoyed me so I put everything back. I thought it was $5 but now it is $10 and I think that is just ridiculous. So yeah that was that. Then today football sunday. For those who don't know randy is a huge football fan and so sundays are football days and I was lucky enough to get a solo run in this morning which was awesome! I didn't feel as awesome as I would have hoped but andi and I ran arroyo and we started doing the major hill and then did the other really hard hill and so we stopped a little early but I really love running there. Then dakota and I went to the park for a bit so daddy could have some alone football time.
She is a girl in motion, she befriended a little boy and proceeded to lead him all around the play structure.
Then it was back home for some lunch, a nap and then over to our friend's brock, gretchen and kyra's house. Dakota and Kyra are best buds and they had a blast just enough play time so that by the time we came home she cleaned up, brushed her teeth, a book and asleep and that is what martha stewart would say is a good thing.

2 comments:

Jenn Kirk said...

I never succeeded at making good pizza sauce. The TJ's one is perfect. So is Valentino's sauce. What's the secret, I wonder?

Derek and Sunshines Dad said...

I tried a couple of times in the bread machine to make pizza dough the second time came out pretty good as I recall I may have to surprise your Mom with that in the up coming weeks. I was also surprised what you get at Farmers Market for $20.00, almost a weeks worth of vegies and eggs for our home. Luv you Guys Papa