Friday, August 29, 2008

Mixed Emotions


So Dakota has been talking about getting her hair cut short for awhile and today we did it! One part of me thinks it is her hair she should be able to wear it short. For so many of my years I have worn my hair the way other like it, should
that really start at 3, I think not. But I really miss her long hair! She looks like a older little girl and I don't like that. But it will grow
back right. We did the whole thing went to Jack-n-Jills, she got to pick out her cape and everything. But I am still sad. And then tonight she is staying with my mom and dad and I am heavy hearted because this growing up is just happening way to fast. I know it is so cliche but it is way too true. I have been looking at a ton of old pictures and I miss that little girl. I love to watch this growing and changing process but it is really hard too. I is sad to see, just as it is exciting and fascinating. So today I have very mixed emotions.
This last picture was two years ago this month.



3 comments:

Jenn Kirk said...

Oh, Kristen, her hair is darling!!

So sad I missed you guys today. And the day before. And the day before. I'm stuck. You guys just should come here!!

Dawn Suzette said...

She looks adorable! Good job mom...

Mark, Jessica, Jakob, Sarah, Lily and Kona said...

Hi Kristen,
Amber told me about your blog. Dakota is getting so big! She is gorgeous with her short hair, I am partial to short hair on little girls, I think it's Sassy!
I was reading all of your postings and just thinking about how amazing our kids are and how different, Jakob is the same age as Dakota and sooooo different. He would NEVER paint his body, he is kind of OCD that way, and very "by the rules" kind of kid. And now that we have Sarah (7 months) I can see she will be more like Dakota, already! Wierd and amazing. Jakob likes to build things and is very methodical about stuff, even though he attends an Arts based preschool - singing, painting, yoga etc.
Anyhow, it's a joy to see your blog and see how you guys are doing - looks like life in Vta is wonderful!
We are loving life in Portland too! You will have to check out our blog sometime - watsonfamily4.blogspot.com.
Love,
Jessica