Monday, August 25, 2008

Lots and lots of Energy!

So today I had four kids over and just me and let me tell you I am beat. Jet, Sophia, Dakota and Marie had a great time playing and being silly. The morning started out with tea for three as Jet had not yet arrived.
After Jet arrived there was house and chase and jeep driving and swinging and little people. They were everywhere and I was so not prepared. And I couldn't fit them in my car, it could have been a perfect beach day. But I think they all had fun.
Then came the painting. As hard as Dakota tries she just can't help but get into her painting.
And Marie was ready to follow suit.
And together watch out!
So after that the sprinkler had to come out and even with the sprinkler and being rubbed down the bath was still blue!

It was a fun and busy day! I think back to when my grandma had her five children and I wonder what the heck she did day in and out but they had a farm with plenty of CHORES to do. I think that we may be the first generation to be re-staying home with our kids but instead of helpers around a large home or a home with many many many thing to do to occupy time we are attempting to find other meaningful ways to engage our children and teach them the important things. Did that make any sense at all besides in my own head?






3 comments:

Dawn Suzette said...

WOW! I am lovin' the yellow... I just got a chance to catch up after our super busy birthday weekend.
As for adding a link - click HERE for more info.
1. Find your web page and copy the web address.
2. Highlight the word you want to link.
3. On the tool bar there is a button that kinda looks like a chain link with a green ball. Click on it.
4. A box will come up. Paste or type your web address in the box.
5. Click Okay. Your linked!
Happy your having fun blogging! Happy Dakota is healing!

Derek said...

Great observation about the difference with stay at home moms and the generations.

Anonymous said...

sexy panties sexy ass analtime