Thursday, February 5, 2009

I have ideas

essie not pleased about the rain



but often times they stay that way. For Christmas I was going to make dakota a canopy for her "new" room and then I thought I would have dakota stay at the folks house and get the canopy done and do up her room so when she came home there her room would be. That didn't happen either and here sits the tulle and flowers waiting to be made no longer a surprise.
I guess the reality is I don't know what the heck I am doing. I bought an embroidery hoop that I was going to use as the top base thing but it is just not strong enough and I can't seem to get it together to either reinforce it or find something else. So here it sits. Other than that dakota's room is done. There are some things I would still like to do but all in time for now it is a great space for her.
It was a wonderful rainy day here in Ventura today and I am sure there was tons of fun to be had indoors but I just could not muster the energy to think of anything grand to do. Luckily dakota had dance this morning so we got out of the house for a bit
and then Marie came over and they had some good play time whatever they are doing it usually involves dress up attire.

And then it was movie time and then while I sat there watching finding nemo with them my eyes got heavier and heavier. You know when you get to that point where it is almost painful to keep your eyes open and you think okay I will just shut them and stay awake because that seems so much easier than holding the heavy things open but inevitably you fall asleep well I did for a millisecond because kiddos have sensors for that kind of thing and the moment I was out I hear MOM....MOM we are still hungry. I so wanted to say just give me five minutes, wait I think I did say that but five minutes translates to five seconds when you are four apparently so I was up and making popcorn but I tell you what I have not been that tired in a loooonnnnnggggg time.
So needless to say right after sierra came to get marie I told dakota nap time and off we went but then of course I was awake Ha! never too awake for me to take a nap. Before I knew it randy was home.
AND dakota got her first valentine from you know who, the wonderful mister noah, so very sweet.
thank you noah (and amy)

Dakota and noah have been mailing letters lately and I think it is really helping dakota learn her letters AND she loves getting mail that is for her,

me too though there is really something fun about getting a letter in the mail that is just for fun.

3 comments:

Jenn Kirk said...

O. M. G. Dakota and Noah have been snail-mailing each other? And he sent her a Valentine? That is so cute, it hurts. You and Amy better watch out...those two will soon be running up your phone bills with all the texting they'll be doing.

Dawn Suzette said...

That is awesome! Sail mail IS the best!
Rainy days in Ventura are pretty cool too...

Becky said...

Hey at least you have ideas -- and, good ones! I feel so brain dead lately...