Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What a beautiful Morning


This was as we were leaving for our "track workout" this morning. So nice. Dawn I didn't mention this on your blog but there is something about the sky that changes in the fall that I just love.

Dakota didn't want to go in the jogger so she and I ran ahead. She ran the whole way to the track, I think it is a good 1/3 of a mile.


It looks much darker then it actually was.


The sun rays were just awesome.



Once we got there the girls (dakota and mia) got set up and Andi and I took turns doing our sprints. It really works out so nicely. The girls get a day off in the jogger and Andi and I get a break from pushing. We were doing a combo on stadiums and then track sprints, now when I say sprints keep in mind my fastest speed is a jog really, but lately we have just been doing spints I think we are going to start alternating doing one or the other everyother week. The girls cheer us on it is pretty darn cute.
After we got home Marie arrived and we were off to trader joes. Last time we were there dakota noticed a pregnant woman and of course had to ask/tell her she had a baby in her belly to which the woman responded that she had two... the look on dakota's face was priceless she was awestruck by the idea that there were two babies in there. Dakota and I proceeded to have a conversation about twins and all that. Well today guess who dakota spots across the store and then says loudly that is the lady with two babies in her belly. The woman was very kind and impressed that dakota remembered her, she has a daughter that is maybe a little younger than dakota so I am sure she sees that same curiosity and wonder everyday.
I made this yummy thing today caramel apple bars the have good flavor but a little too gooey. And by too gooey because really in my mind there is no such thing but the form is not so much a bar as it is hmmmmm meltyinyourhandy. I don't have any vanilla ice cream in the house as I should but they are still very good on their own with some milk. I saw a picture on here from here I wish mine looked like hers but ther do not. Something to work on

4 comments:

Jenn Kirk said...

Ahhh, that's the "pie" thing that Amy mentioned that you were bribing her with. Looks yummy. Your "meltyinmyhandy" thing cracked me up.

Sprints sound so much fun. I really would love to meet up with you guys one morning.

Derek and Sunshines Dad said...

Kris you and Andi run every day during the week?? The shots of the morning light were very nice. Mom got a kick out of Dakota's Awe at twins in the tummy. But Dakota remembering the woman didn't surprise either of us. Hey Congrats on your win. Luv Dad

Dawn Suzette said...

Yes, the light does change. We were just talking about that with Wes' parents. That is great you are taking note of the little changes that make it a Ventura Fall... I am mailing out your cards today!!

Derek said...

Definitely great stuff there. Sprints are almost as much fun as hills!!! I do miss our reverse psychology conversations on those runs. You inspire me to stop talking in my head about increasing my morning ride and just doing it. There are all kinds of logistics that I get bogged down with. Keep on fartlekking!!!!