Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ode to the Cookie and Sword Fighting?


I say where is the dough from whist this came??

I made cookies tonight and I love cookie dough. I love cookie dough more than I like warm baked cookies. Chocolate chip cookie dough is my favorite or really any dough with both brown and white sugar butter flour eggs and I say yummy. My friend leslie and pretty much her whole family can attest to my love of cookie dough. While I have not been over to see them in awhile I typically make a b-line to their freezer because always there are frozen balls of goodness. My daughter is no different I know the whole raw egg thing should be of concern but don't we pasteurize everything these days. I have been eating cookie dough my whole life and look at me I am mostly okay.
So an interesting thing happened today and it is my fault. Dakota and Marie

Who us?
decided to sword fight today! And I was watching them and they were being good just using their 'swords' and not hitting each other but still these little girlies sword fighting and then I heard the words I am Jack Sparrow and I am Peter Pan come out of their mouths aha! I must confess my three year old has watched pirates of the Caribbean. A couple months back there was a pirate festival down at the harbor, we went dakota had a blast so randy and I thought why not. And honestly I think there are much worse things that we could have let her watch but still probably not the best decision we have ever made. So any who Dakota and Marie were in the midst of their sword fight and I was at a loss of what to do. And it was because they were girls. I was thinking in my head I have seen boys their age do the sword and gun games and I have heard conversations about the pros and the cons of such games so do the same rules apply for the girls? I mean this is still the conversation going on in my head I have no concrete feelings on the subject but I do have mixed feelings about it. I kept a close eye on them and they played very well with their 'swords'. I know that I was on the verge of give me a reason to make you put this game to an end but it didn't happen. So yes on to more adventures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jenn Kirk said...

Toughie! I worry about the day my boys play guns.