Friday, August 14, 2009

Dilema


Dakota is starting preschool monday and I am excited and really sad.
I am excited because she has been asking for a very long time.
I am excited because I know she will have a blast.
I am excited that I can do chores at home while she is gone
and I won't feel guilty that I am not playing with her.
I am sad because I want to be her teacher and right now I am failing that assignment.
I am sad that there is somewhere she wants to be that is away from me.
I am sad that she is getting older.
Don't get me wrong I am excited for these changes as well but sad too.
I have thought that I was going to be a homeschooling mama and I hope that I still will but then I think maybe she will do better if I am not her teacher.
Maybe not.
She can't take her shoes off at school, this is going to be very very difficult.
She has to wipe her own bum when she goes poop.
That is going to be messy.
If she falls...when she falls I am not going to be there.
Some will say they have to cut the strings, she has to grow up.
But at four she doesn't need to grow up at four she can need me as much as I need her.
Everyday she becoming more independent, without my help.
Here is to a sad and wonderful monday.

7 comments:

Derek said...

Great post little sis. Wish I could provide you some help of insight. It appears you are doing the best you can, which is all any child could ask.

Derek and Sunshines Dad said...

Hi Bear,

As Derek said great post. The "healthy bird leaves the Nest". I'm sure Dakota will gain several things with this adventure, the biggest being that she will miss MOM being there.

Love Papa

Dawn Suzette said...

Your dad is so right! She will miss you being there... but also have all new adventures... good and some maybe not-so-good but I'm sure ones to grow on!

Your heart show just what an awesome mama you are!

Hopefully soon we will be back to get our two bundles of energy together!

Jen said...

Hang in there mama! Such a bittersweet day, hope Dakota had a ball yet gave you the best "I missed you" hug when you picked her up!

Becky said...

so sweet. I know what you mean. Katie doesn't start until the end of the month, and I just know I'm going to sappy and cry.

Mark, Jessica, Jakob, Sarah, Lily and Kona said...

Oh, this post makes me tear up. I completely understand every word you typed. Jakob has been in preschool since he was 2 and it was so hard, but we had to do it b/c I had to work. He doesn't know any different now. Except he stayed home with me this summer, which was fantastic, I felt like a real Mom again - however hard and trying it was and is - it is so worth it and still makes me smile. He started back to preschool yesterday and I felt guilty all day. He came home and said "I missed you", that made up for it but then said "I missed my friends too and the toys!", that made me feel better too. Parenting is so hard and it is so hard to let go, even if it's just preschool. Oh and somehow they learn to wipe themselves, messy but they do it!! :)
Hang in there!

joyfulgirl said...

sweet mama,
it is soooo hard to say goodbye on those first few days of preschool. knowing what you'll miss in her day and feeling that separation, yet she's on her own little adventure for 4 whole hours. how exciting that is for her! your such a good mama and i know she will enjoy her time with you even more than she already did now:) hope it was a good first day...

xoxo