Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It doesn't have to be complicated




When I try to think of morning activities for the girls I forget how easy it can be I waste more time thinking about what grand thing we can do and then never do anything. Well this morning it was all about a little paste and some paper and that was fine with them and so very easy. I have it in my head that art projects need to include major prep time and organization (so therefore I shy away) when really just some paper and glue is awesome for them. So that was the beginning of our morning followed by a trip to see Karni, the most awesome midwife EVER. We got to hear little ones heart beat which is always so wonderful and beautiful. I know that people say things like slower heartbeats are boys and faster are girls, well this little ones heartbeat is definitely slower then dakotas. Speaking of little one and dakota she felt some kicks tonight. I don't think she really understood what she was feeling at first I think when we would say kick in her head was a much stronger "kick" and not the minor nudge that it is. But at one point she got a huge smile on her face when I asked her if she felt it and she is just smiling huge and shaking her head no, totally feeding off me and randy's excitement. Funny little lady. So after our visit with Karni we headed to story time at the library and then home for lunch and more dress up. Those girls and their dress up, it is never ending.


These are trees, dakotas first.

2 comments:

Dawn Suzette said...

Heart beat! Kicks! So exciting!
Art made easy for me around here has been keeping the recycling (card board, plastic containers, tp rolls) in a chest and all ready to be pulled out and taped together in the most amazing creations!
The glue sticks are a great idea. Fionna hates getting the liquid glue on her hands. She will catch any bug around but hates sticky fingers! Go figure!

Becky said...

hey, those are some pretty good-looking trees!

Kicking, how exciting!