Sunday, July 24, 2011

butterflies alive





We went to a place in Santa Barbara today called Harry's Plaza Cafe
on the menu was a banana split for $25 and if you ate it all it was free.
I was so so so tempted but decided that I needed to plan for it so instead I ate lunch and ordered this
the cookie monster
and I am sad to say with the help of everyone we still didn't finish it.
We were up in Santa Barbara at the natural history museum
checking at the butterflies.
I was amazed at the patience dakota had,
one landed on her dress for a half a second and then it became her goal to have another one do the same.
So she sat for more than ten minutes waiting and waiting and waiting
it didn't happen again but it was so neat for me just to watch her.
We also ventured to the museum's back yard where anyone can push boats down a stream,
make mud pies, dig in compost it is awesome.
Little miss Leela loved it all, especially the hall with the birds
she was a little bit nervous in with the mammals too big for her.
We will be heading back soon.

2 comments:

Derek said...

Great looking trip. The banana split was 15 on the menu and I know you can do it.

Dawn Suzette said...

Such a great museum. Looks like a wonderful time.
Funny about the mammals. Here they have a bear with cub and when you come around the corner she growls.. set off by motion sensory. It used to get Dylan every time... he would hide behind my leg. Now he loves it. Well, kinda a love hate thing.