Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ode to

My husband.
and happy birthday too.
So the man I married almost nine years ago and met nine years ago turned a year older today.

He had me the first night I saw him.
I went home and told sierra all about him
and less than a year later I was a Moore.
(dakota took this picture)

Sometimes I watch him when he isn't looking
and I smile at his goofiness with his girls

or I hear him talking to his son
man to man
and I am proud of him.
Proud that he loves his family so very much.

Nine years ago this month we had our first kiss
and
I
did
get
weak
in
the knees.
I am not an easy person
I even call myself crazy
He even calls me crazy
but he loves me.

Happy Birthday to my husband, my friend, my meal ticket, my water getter, my girls daddy, my softball coach, my sugar daddy, my handyman, my mechanic, my gardener, my psycho usc fan.
Thanks for all that you do.
(dakota a day old)
I love you!

*I can't find any photos with randy and i together, well just the two but that is not good.

4 comments:

Derek and Sunshines Dad said...

Hey Kids,
Happy Birthday Randy!!!!!
I could not ask for a better son-in-law. Hearing my Daughter laud your position in her life fills me with happiness and relief. I am sure she is, with you and on life's wonderful path.
Papa

Jen said...

Oh my, these incredibly heartfelt posts are killing this emotional trainwreck of a preggo!! ;)
Beautiful odes to the guys in your life and I just sighed over Dakota's adoration for her daddy in that first shot. I love the daddy/daughter thing, it's amazing!

Dawn Suzette said...

Happy Birthday Randy!!
Kristen you are one sweet wife you are... and sweetest sister... and a super sweet Mama!
Miss you girl!

Derek said...

That was incredibly sweet. Wow.