Wednesday, November 12, 2008

How a Masterpiece is created!


The one way I can keep dakota from covering herself in paint is by busting out the "big girl paints"! For her birthday last year she got this great little art set up with a table top easel, brushes and acrylic paints (water based). I went to micheals and got some of those thin canvases for cheap.

Today we busted it out for some art time. Several times I had to remind her that she could not paint herself, which is so hard for her.

She was cracking me up because while she was so focused and so into it she was also singing and dancing, no matter what she is doing she can not be still that is really hard for her.

What started out as one piece of work turned into two and then three and then just two as she quit on three and I got to take over. I have always wanted to be an artist just never had the talent, but like the play dough it is so nice to sit down and paint.
We used up all her little tubes so we have to go get some more....

4 comments:

Dawn Suzette said...

Love kids doing art! Really like that blue and green with a splash of red in the center!

Derek said...

So... what is it? or what were here thoughts during its creation? I agree, I so enjoy painting. I haven't done it in years now. I get bogged down with thought of setting it all up and then cleaning up. How lame is that. Maybe I need to do some baby sitting some time and have art hour with her.

Derek and Sunshines Dad said...

looks like my Granddaughter takes after her Grandfather The apple does not fall far the tree. We really missed you guys last night. Well at least I did
Love Dad

dakotasmommy said...

she talked about wanting to make a dot family and then there was a house and there was a lot of "then you go like this" "then you go over here"
When she is better derek find an evening or weekend you she would love to hang out and do art with you.