Monday, October 27, 2008

It's been awhile

time flies when you are having fun. really I am not sure where or why I haven't been blogging just the other day randy found this guy outside


and for me that is a whole entry. it is the stick preying mantis I was talking about before. and there was this bluebird that must have been stalking it because while I was out there he or she kept close by and yelling at me. Randy allowed him, the mantis to run off in the our huge hedge and I think he was safe there.
We also took a trip up to see our Amy, Noah and Layla. Andi and Mia arrived here and off we went for a great visit. Amy even had lunch AND dessert for us, she rocks.
Windmills on the way!

The dutch clogs were a huge hit.


We had a fondue wednesday night that was so yummy. I love cheese. I was shocked though dakota, who loves cheese, even the funky ones was not into the fondue.

And my dad had surgery. We did a trek down to ucla for a chin lift HA! just kiddin. It was to help his chin heal if that makes any sense, surgery to help the area heal but that is the long and short of the surgery. Dad was awesome as he always is. I love my dad!
We had a park day with the yummy chocolate caramel shortbread Ha that was my last blog.

This weekend we went to the pumpkin patch and picked out our winners and carved them. Dakota had a blast playing with the pumpkin insides. She really wanted a white pumpkin while we were there and then when we got home she wanted to give it to her friend, always a giver that one.





Things have been good. I am going to try to get back on to blogging more often I missed it.

3 comments:

Dawn Suzette said...

Hey! Happy to see you checking in... Great pumpkins!

Derek said...

Yeah, good to have you back on the blog again.

Mark Watson said...

We carved our pumpkins tonight, and I even commented to Mark that I bet Dakota would love to carve pumpkins, just to feel the insides on her hands and even body! As I said that, my son, was complaining about getting any little bit on his hands! Too funny - that's Jakob! He finally came around to picking up small bits off of the spoon. We told him he had to touch some of it, in order to be able to even carve it, he came around after that!